Software Discounts from our Partners including Igneus Incorporated's 'The Simple Hydraulic Calculator'
Continued access to course content for 6 months after completion so that you can revise material as much as you need.
Chat directly with our instructors when you are stuck.
Over 24 hours of learning content in the form of interactive multimedia modules on our exclusive learning management system
Assessments to test your understanding and worksheets to train and apply what you learn
Branded, secure, and verifiable digital certificate
- Welcome Letter
- Describe a Fire Sprinkler System and its Uses
- Describe the components that make up a fire sprinkler system
- Explain the engineer’s responsibilities when you undertake a fire sprinkler project
- Assessment: Fire Sprinkler Basics
- Use building codes to determine the fire sprinkler requirement for a building
- Supporting Material: IBC 2018 Summary of Sprinkler Requirements
- Determine the design criteria for the fire sprinkler system based on occupancy hazard level
- Bonus: Waive Design Area Restriction on Unsprinklered Combustible Spaces
- Bonus: Combustible Construction & Protection Areas for Light Hazard
- Prepare a schematic drawing showing riser and zoning requirements
- Supporting Material: Hazen Williams Calculator
- Prepare the Pipe Layout & Dimensioning
- Define the Hydraulically Most Demanding Area for Further Hydraulic Calculation
- Describe the fundamentals of hydraulic calculation
- Enter hydraulic calculation inputs and run the calculations
- Generate report and interpret the results
- Supporting Files
- Interpret Water Supply Data & Perform Calculations to Size Fire Pumps & Water Tanks
- Design a Fire Pump Assembly & System Riser, including Control Valves, FDC tie-in & Integration with Fire Alarm
- Construct Working Plans with the Information Necessary to Install a Sprinkler System
- Name the Different Types of Sprinkler Systems used to Protect Storage Occupancies
- Classify Storage Situations for Sprinkler System Design
- Make Basic Decisions about Sprinkler System Design for Storage Occupancies | a Warehouse Design Example
Where will the course take place?
The course will be a multimedia, interactive format, best viewed on desktop or a mobile device in landscape format. The course will be hosted on an online learning management system so that you can track and save your progress and come back to it at any time. Each course is accompanied by quizzes, graded assessments and cheat sheets. Our "online course' is designed to be a complete environment for learning and includes an internal discussion forum where you can raise any questions you have about course content.
Do you have a physical in-classroom training?
Not at the moment and not for the foreseeable future. Our mission is to make quality fire protection education accessible to anyone, and we feel the best way is to share our courses online. Now anyone with a decent internet connection can learn with us, wherever you are and you don’t have to purchase an expensive plane ticket or miss days at work.
What format are the courses in?
The course will be a multimedia, interactive format, best viewed on desktop or a mobile device in landscape format. The course will be hosted on an online learning management system so that you can track and save your progress and come back to it at any time. Each course is accompanied by quizzes, graded assessments and cheat sheets. Our "online course' is designed to be a complete environment for learning which you means you can contact the instructor anytime to ask for advice.
How long is this course?
There is about 8 hours of learning content, but the actual time it will take for you to study this material and carry out the assessments and exercises depends on you. As this is an online course, the idea is that you can fit it within your schedule. We do not set a time limit on how long it takes for you to complete the course. However, access to course content will be discontinued 6 months after completion of course.
Do I get a certificate upon completion of this course?
This digital course is for educational purposes only and it is not meant to be a substitute for a formal accreditation as required under your local legislation. That said, upon completion of this course, we will issue you a certificate of completion through our partner Accredible. Accredible is the maker of the next generation Accredible Digital Certificates. Accredible certificates are secure and verifiable. They go beyond the standard PDF certificate, showing what you have learned by embedding evidence and insights into a clear format optimised for glanceability. For more information about Accredible, visit https://www.accredible.com.
Do you require CAD software to sit for this course?
Some basic CAD knowledge will help you in your exercises but it is not required for you to complete this course.
Does the course include training for hydraulic calculations?
Yes. We will go through the fundamentals of hydraulic calculations and also teach you how to use software to accurately determine a sprinkler system's hydraulic requirements. The hydraulic calculation software used is Igneus Incorporated The Simple Hydraulic Calculator (TSHC), which has a free trial available.